Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Strangers on the Street

I went for a walk this afternoon, one of my normal routes around the neighborhood, through the woods to the park, around the lake, and back down the connector street to my neighborhood. On the last leg going slightly downhill, I noticed a little boy and his mom in one of the yards, a car parked at the curb.
Photo by Vinnie Ahuja
The little guy looked up and saw me coming, he headed for the street. As I neared, he stepped from the curb, grabbed my hand began shaking it.

"Hi," he said.

"Hello there," I returned as his mom approached.

"We're going to his first t-ball game," she informed me.

"Really? Are you excited?" I asked this outgoing four-year old.

"Do you want to come and watch me?"

"Oh, I have to go home and cook supper," I said.

He slapped his palm to his forehead. "You should come watch me instead."

Would I like to write a book for that little guy? You bet your t-ball I would!

The perfect audience. I'll keep that one tucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment