Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer Recap



I hope you had a wonderful summer. I'm glad to be back to my quiet little blog. The last two months were full of travels. Florida rain over the Fourth of July with seven grands.

Photo: All the Bennett grands

Then some sun in San Diego (thank goodness!), publishers galore, great friends, and my first adventure with missing an airplane. Fortunately it turned out okay and I managed some sightseeing.

Photo: San Diego Sunset.

 Nearly a full month with my precious son, daughter-in-law, and two grands who live in Nigeria. And oh, let me tell you, they are grand! We fed ducks, ate ice cream, read books, watched movies, and built Lego cars for nearly a month. And then Dori was exhausted! 

Photo



August was a month for catching up, resting up, and finding a new rhythm for the coming days. I finished editing my final edition of the Bugler for the National Infantry Association. After eleven years, I'm hanging up my editor's hat.



I cleaned out my home office in preparation for the new school year, new publisher catalogs and new samples. I love giving away old samples, especially in so many school settings where nothing is free.

Photo: You know that expression, it gets worse before it gets better? I'm hoping for better soon as I can barely get in the door.

I'm waiting on one more box of books that should arrive tonight (I think I'm the UPS man's last stop) so I'll be ready to head out on an appointment tomorrow.

I'm hoping that I can manage my schedule a little better this fall than I have in the past, trying to be more realistic about the expectations I place on myself, and hoping to be a little more consistent in my writing time. We'll see how it all pans out as we go along.

Wishing you a wonderful week, too.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a marvelous summer with family, Doraine-the best of times!

    ReplyDelete