Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Celebrating a New Life

My newest grandson was born on Saturday afternoon. His name is Samuel. He has three brothers and a sister. Anna, the single sister, is convinced he looks like her. I just think he's beautiful. They are in Texas and I'm in Georgia, so it will be a month or so before I get to actually hold that sweet little one. I can't wait!



The February edition of the Children's Writer Newsletter came Saturday, too. It has an excellent article by Judy Bradbury entitled Who Cares? Grandparents, Step-parents, & Other Caregivers. One of the books she covers in the article is You are My Wish by Maryann Cusimano Love. Bradbury quotes Ms. Love's editor, Michael Green, who is also President and Publisher of Philomel Books.
Green said, "With regard to grandparents, so many children do not live near them, so experiencing them through a book feels much like a visit. A book like You Are My Wish is a celebration of that relationship, a way to think and talk about someone we love who may nt be available in person each day."

Do you think I'm adding this to my list of books to purchase for the grands?

You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment